TERMS AND CONDITIONS
General Terms and Conditions For Bless And Release, llc
(a) These terms and conditions of sale (these "Terms") are the only terms which govern the sale of the goods ("Goods" “Charm(s)” or “goods/charm(s)”) by the Seller, Bless and Release LLC, ("Seller") to You the Buyer ("Buyer"). Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, if a written contract signed by both parties is in existence covering the sale of the Goods covered hereby, the terms and conditions of said contract shall prevail to the extent they are inconsistent with these Terms.
(b) The accompanying purchase order / sales invoice (the "Sales Confirmation" and these Terms (collectively, this "Agreement") comprise the entire agreement between the parties, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous understandings, agreements, negotiations, representations and warranties, and communications, both written and oral. These Terms prevail over any of Buyer's general terms and conditions of purchase regardless whether or when Buyer has submitted its purchase order or such terms. Fulfillment of Buyer's order does not constitute acceptance of any of Buyer's terms and conditions and does not serve to modify or amend these Terms.
(a) The Buyer shall deliver to Seller by way of hand delivery (with written acknowledgement of delivery by both parties), UPS or FedEx (direct signature required) the ring(s) that the Buyer wants the Seller to use in the production of the goods/charm(s). The goods/charm(s) will be delivered within a reasonable time after the receipt of Buyer's ring(s) and Sales Confirmation. Seller shall not be liable for any delays, loss or damage in transit.
(b) Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the parties, Seller shall deliver the goods/charm(s) to Buyer (the "Delivery Point") using either hand delivery/pick-up (with written acknowledgement of delivery by both parties) UPS or FedEx (direct signature required) for packaging and shipping such Goods. Buyer shall take delivery of the goods/charm(s) within two (2) days of Seller's written notice that the goods/charm(s) have been delivered to the Delivery Point. The Delivery Point shall be the address provided to Seller from Buyer as set forth in the Sales Confirmation. Buyer shall be responsible for all costs of shipping.
(c) If for any reason Buyer fails to accept delivery of any of the Goods on the date fixed pursuant to Seller's notice that the Goods have been delivered at the Delivery Point, or if Seller is unable to deliver the Goods at the Delivery Point on such date because Buyer has not provided appropriate instructions, documents, licenses or authorizations: (i) risk of loss to the Goods shall pass to Buyer; (ii) the Goods shall be deemed to have been delivered; and (iii) Seller, at its option and sole discretion, may store the Goods until Buyer picks them up, whereupon Buyer shall be liable for all related costs and expenses (including, without limitation, storage and insurance).
(a) The Seller shall not be liable for any non-delivery of Goods (even if caused by Seller's negligence) unless Buyer gives written notice to Seller of the non-delivery within two (2) days of the date when the Goods would in the ordinary course of events have been received.
(b) Any liability of Seller for non-delivery of the Goods shall be limited to payment to Buyer from Seller of $250.00 as set forth in greater detail in Section 10.
- Title and Risk of Loss. Title and risk of loss passes to Buyer upon delivery of the Goods at the Delivery Point. As collateral security for the payment of the purchase price of the Goods, Buyer hereby grants to Seller a lien on and security interest in and to all of the right, title and interest of Buyer in, to and under the Goods, wherever located, and whether now existing or hereafter arising or acquired from time to time, and in all accessions thereto and replacements or modifications thereof, as well as all proceeds (including insurance proceeds) of the foregoing. The security interest granted under this provision constitutes a purchase money security interest under the New Jersey Uniform Commercial Code.
- Amendment and Modification. These Terms may only be amended or modified in a writing which specifically states that it amends these Terms and is signed by an authorized representative of each party.
- Inspection and Rejection of Nonconforming Goods.
(a) Buyer shall inspect the Goods within two (2) days of receipt ("Inspection Period"). Buyer will be deemed to have accepted the Goods unless it notifies Seller in writing of any Nonconforming Goods during the Inspection Period and furnishes such written evidence or other documentation as required by Seller. "Nonconforming Goods" means only the following: (i) the Charm(s) shipped is different than identified in Buyer's Sales Confirmation; or ii) the Charm(s) label or packaging label incorrectly identifies the contents.
(b) If Buyer timely notifies Seller of any Nonconforming Goods, Seller shall, in its sole discretion, (i) either replace such Nonconforming Goods with conforming Goods, or (ii) pay Buyer $250.00 together with any reasonable shipping and handling expenses incurred by Buyer in connection therewith. In every event of Nonconforming Goods, Buyer shall ship, at its expense and risk of loss, the Nonconforming Goods to Seller's facility located at 294 Nassau Street Princeton, New Jersey 08540. If Seller exercises its option to replace Nonconforming Goods, Seller shall, after receiving Buyer's shipment of Nonconforming Goods, ship to Buyer, at Seller’s expense and risk of loss, the replaced Goods to the Delivery Point.
(c) Buyer acknowledges and agrees that the remedies set forth in Section 10 are Buyer's exclusive remedies for the delivery of Nonconforming Goods. Except for delivery of Nonconforming Goods as set forth in this Section, all sales of Goods to Buyer are made on a one-way basis and Buyer has no right to return Goods purchased under this Agreement to Seller.
(a) Buyer shall purchase the Goods from Seller at the price (the "Price[s]") set forth in the Sales Confirmation. If the Price should be increased by Seller before delivery of the Goods to a carrier for shipment to Buyer, then these Terms shall be construed as if the increased price was originally inserted herein, and Buyer shall be billed by Seller on the basis of such increased price.
(b) All Prices are exclusive of all sales, use and excise taxes, and any other similar taxes, duties and charges of any kind imposed by any Governmental Authority on any amounts payable by Buyer. Buyer shall be responsible for all such charges, costs and taxes; provided, that, Buyer shall not be responsible for any taxes imposed on, or with respect to, Seller's income, revenues, gross receipts, personnel or real or personal property or other assets
- Payment Terms.
(a) Buyer shall pay all invoiced amounts due to Seller on the date in the Sales Confirmation. Buyer shall make all payments hereunder by [wire transfer/check/[OTHER PAYMENT METHOD]] and in US dollars.
(b) Buyer shall pay interest on all late payments at the lesser of the rate of 1.5% per month or the highest rate permissible under applicable law, calculated daily and compounded monthly. Buyer shall reimburse Seller for all costs incurred in collecting any late payments, including, without limitation, attorneys' fees. In addition to all other remedies available under these Terms or at law (which Seller does not waive by the exercise of any rights hereunder), Seller shall be entitled to suspend the delivery of any Goods if Buyer fails to pay any amounts when due hereunder and such failure continues for ten (10) days following written notice thereof.
(c) Buyer shall not withhold payment of any amounts due and payable by reason of any set-off of any claim or dispute with Seller, whether relating to Seller's breach, bankruptcy or otherwise.
(a) SELLER MAKES NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE GOODS, INCLUDING ANY (a) WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY; OR (b) WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; OR (c) WARRANTY OF TITLE; OR (d) WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY; WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE OR OTHERWISE.
(b) BUYER IS PROVIDING RING(S) TO BE USED IN THE CREATION OF A CHARM(S) BY THE SELLER. THE REASON THE LIMIT ON LIABILITY IN THIS AGREEMENT IS SET AT $250.00 (SECTION 10) IS BECAUSE THE BUYER HAS NO KNOWLEDGE AS TO THE ACTUAL VALUE, SENTIMENTAL OR OTHERWISE, OF THE RING(S) BEING PROVIDED BY BUYER TO SELLER. IN ADDITION, THE SELLER HAS NO TRAINING IN IDENTIFYING OR APPRAISING JEWELRY WHATSOEVER. THEREFORE, ANY CLAIM THAT MAY BE MADE BY YOU AS THE BUYER IS SUBJECT TO THE LIMIT ON LIABILITY OF $250.00 AS SET FORTH IN SECTION 10.
- Limitation of Liability.
(a) IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES OR DIMINUTION IN VALUE, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO ANY BREACH OF THESE TERMS, WHETHER OR NOT THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES HAS BEEN DISCLOSED IN ADVANCE BY BUYER OR COULD HAVE BEEN REASONABLY FORESEEN BY BUYER, REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) UPON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY AGREED OR OTHER REMEDY OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
(b) IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER'S LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE TOTAL OF THE AMOUNT PAID TO SELLER FOR THE GOODS SOLD HEREUNDER OR $250.00, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
(c) IF THE SELLER BREACHES ITS OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT (THE "SELLER BREACH"), THE SELLER SHALL PAY TO THE CUSTOMER AN AMOUNT EQUAL TO THE TOTAL OF THE AMOUNT PAID TO SELLER FOR THE GOODS SOLD HEREUNDER OR $250.00, WHICHEVER IS GREATER (THE "LIQUIDATED DAMAGES"). THE PARTIES INTEND THAT THE LIQUIDATED DAMAGES CONSTITUTE COMPENSATION, AND NOT A PENALTY. THE PARTIES ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE BUYER’S HARM CAUSED BY A SELLER BREACH WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE OR VERY DIFFICULT TO ACCURATELY ESTIMATE, AND THAT THE LIQUIDATED DAMAGES ARE A REASONABLE ESTIMATE OF THE ANTICIPATED OR ACTUAL HARM THAT MIGHT ARISE FROM A SELLER BREACH. THE SELLER'S PAYMENT OF THE LIQUIDATED DAMAGES IS THE SELLER'S SOLE LIABILITY AND ENTIRE OBLIGATION AND THE CUSTOMER'S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY SELLER BREACH UNDER THIOS AGREEMENT. SPECIFICALLY, YOU AGREE THAT THIS IS A REASONABLE REMEDY IN THE EVENT YOU HAVE ANY CLAIM FOR DAMAGES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT INCLUDING LOSS OF RING(S), GOODS/CHARM(S) OR ANY ALLEGATIONS/CLAIMS THAT THE SELLER HAS SWAPPED OR CHANGED YOUR MORE EXPENSIVE RING FOR A LESS EXPENSIVE RING/CHARM.
- Compliance with Law. Buyer shall comply with all applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Buyer shall maintain in effect all the licenses, permissions, authorizations, consents and permits that it needs to carry out its obligations under this Agreement. Buyer shall comply with all export and import laws of all countries involved in the sale of the Goods under this Agreement or any resale of the Goods by Buyer. Buyer assumes all responsibility for shipments of Goods requiring any government import clearance.
- Waiver. No waiver by Seller of any of the provisions of this Agreement is effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by Seller. No failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right, remedy, power or privilege arising from this Agreement operates, or may be construed, as a waiver thereof. No single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege hereunder precludes any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power or privilege.
- Confidential Information. All non-public, confidential or proprietary information of Seller, including but not limited to specifications, samples, patterns, designs, plans, drawings, documents, data, business operations, customer lists, pricing, discounts or rebates, disclosed by Seller to Buyer, whether disclosed orally or disclosed or accessed in written, electronic or other form or media, and whether or not marked, designated or otherwise identified as "confidential" in connection with this Agreement is confidential, solely for the use of performing this Agreement and may not be disclosed or copied unless authorized in advance by Seller in writing. Upon Seller's request, Buyer shall promptly return all documents and other materials received from Seller. Seller shall be entitled to injunctive relief for any violation of this Section. This Section does not apply to information that is: (a) in the public domain; (b) known to Buyer at the time of disclosure; or (c) rightfully obtained by Buyer on a non-confidential basis from a third party.
- Force Majeure. The Seller shall not be liable or responsible to Buyer, nor be deemed to have defaulted or breached this Agreement, for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of this Agreement when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts or circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Seller including, without limitation, acts of God, flood, fire, earthquake, explosion, governmental actions, war, invasion or hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot, or other civil unrest, national emergency, revolution, insurrection, epidemic, lockouts, strikes or other labor disputes (whether or not relating to either party's workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials, materials or telecommunication breakdown or power outage.
- Assignment. Buyer shall not assign any of its rights or delegate any of its obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of Seller. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section is null and void. No assignment or delegation relieves Buyer of any of its obligations under this Agreement.
- Relationship of the Parties. The relationship between the parties is that of independent contractors. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, joint venture or other form of joint enterprise, employment or fiduciary relationship between the parties, and neither party shall have authority to contract for or bind the other party in any manner whatsoever.
- No Third-Party Beneficiaries. This Agreement is for the sole benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns and nothing herein, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer upon any other person or entity any legal or equitable right, benefit or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of these Terms.
- Governing Law. All matters arising out of or relating to this Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of New Jersey or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of New Jersey.
- Submission to Jurisdiction. Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be instituted in the federal courts of the United States of America or the courts of the State of New Jersey in each case located in the City of Trenton and County of Mercer, and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action or proceeding.
- Notices. All notices, request, consents, claims, demands, waivers and other communications hereunder (each, a "Notice") shall be in writing and addressed to the parties at the addresses set forth on the face of the Sales Confirmation or to such other address that may be designated by the receiving party in writing. All Notices shall be delivered by personal delivery, nationally recognized overnight courier (with all fees pre-paid), facsimile (with confirmation of transmission) or certified or registered mail (in each case, return receipt requested, postage prepaid). Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, a Notice is effective only (a) upon receipt of the receiving party, and (b) if the party giving the Notice has complied with the requirements of this Section.
- Severability. If any term or provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
- Jewels. All rings or jewelry sent to Seller must be free from all jewels (diamonds, sapphires, rubies etc. “Jewels”). The Seller will not work with any rings or jewelry containing Jewels. All jewels must be removed prior to delivery to Seller. In the event a ring or jewelry is sent to Seller with Jewels, the Seller will return the ring or jewelry to Buyer and Buyer shall reimburse Seller for all shipping costs. The seller will not re-stamp any rings/charms with the carat value.